Wednesday, December 31, 2008

it's not goodbye, 2008

Everyone, have a nice time tonight welcoming the new year, wherever you may be.

I am usually a little mellow and tend to look for quieter celebrations. My new years are more solemn than most [edit] occasions.

I've had a great 2008 and i hope you did too. If not, there is always tomorrow, a new year to start over, a second or third or fourth chance. There is so much in 2008 that i want to see in the next and this is a delightful surprise because i don't normally want to bring the remnants of past, or the last year rather, forth. So it's not goodbye.

There are also much i want to do differently this new year and plenty more to look forward to.

This blog has brought value to the micro things in my life and will be something i want to work on through 2009. Thank you for the friendship that blossomed here, whether old or new. From unforgotten friends like Lene and Radya, to those who were once strangers like Shameen and Huda. Thank you. This blog has become my happy place.

Have the best new year, everyone.

6 comments:

Radya Wong said...

aww.. that's so sweet.

have a blessed new year maria, and you're right. this is just the continuation of a fantastic 2008!

Maria A. L. said...

Hahaha, thank you! I wish the same for you too. Have a blissful one and yay to a good 08!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you, doll! =)

Maria A. L. said...

And to you too, love. xx :)

cantstopmunching said...

what about me? why u forget about me.. u always forget about me... :'O

Maria A. L. said...

Salina, its more than 10 years and counting. You're not even a friend anymore, you're family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...