Tuesday, February 3, 2009

what the butler saw


Have you seen the works of Loretta Chen? One of the big names in our local theatre scene today. Sometime ago she directed 251 and The Vagina Monologues. Now she's gone on to direct What The Butler Saw which is a remake of Joe Orton's satire and that's to debut this 7th February. I am so going to see it and you should too! More details and ticket prices here.

I didn't know she was directing another play until i bumped into her just a few days back. The story is that Loretta was my lecturer back in arts school, she taught me art theory and was probably the most laid back teacher at that time. She's incredibly open to discuss any topics, questions or answers and was a nice balance of passionate teacher and humorous friend. Which eventually lead to students smuggling beer into the lecture hall and such. That was then.


Anyway, we did a quick catch up and it ended with me telling her the unfortunate tale of why i left dance and what i was about to do in the months to come. She was so excited for me, knowing i wasn't going to give up art as a whole and handed me her name card. So now here's the happy ending. As if my star was bright that hot and humid Sunday, she offered me to come work for her when i graduate and come back. Eeeek! I would've ran around naked! It was such an honour.


The issue is, though, i never imagine i'd come back but i suppose it's always great to have a Plan B.

We'll see what the future has in store for me. For now, i invite you to join in my journey towards the unpredictable future.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...